Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

Colton and I really enjoyed our first holiday in our new home yesterday. It was so nice to wake up to yummy smells and gobble up all of the goodies. He took one look at the turkey this year and decided it was "yucky" and didn't want to help cook it (hehe); however, he did help me 'make the eggs naked' and peeled them for me to make deviled eggs. I am so blessed to have my little man.

We never did get around to carving Colton's pumpkin for Halloween, so it became our centerpiece for Thanksgiving. Yes, it probably would have looked better stuffed completely full of flowers, but still turned out cute. I still think the room looks way better than the dark scary pine cave before picture where you can see the sticky nicotine on the walls (uggggh). If you disagree, I still have a few stinky planks out on the porch that I'll be happy to wrap up and give you for Christmas.

I am very thankful for all of my friends and family that have helped us get into this house. Love all of y'all!!!

PS - Ignore the 99,000 birds on my bookshelf - I'm working on that!

2 comments:

shopping2scale Wreaths Crafts said...

Angie, I am so excited for you being able to get your home put together. And share it with such a handsome young man. You are so blessed.
have a great evening.
Lisa
http://www.shopping2scale.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

All of the hard work you did on this room is amazing. Isn't fun having a home full of before and afters? Thanks for following my blog!