Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 156

I couldn't sleep last night wondering how the floors were going to turn out. I went over first thing this morning and about had a heart attack. I saw what I thought was tons of "milky" spots on the floors. It was hard to tell since I couldn't walk in there on it & still don't have that light fixture hung...it was scary. I had read stories about water based poly turning milky, but oil based is not supposed to and that's what I used.

Since there was really nothing I could do about it, I left. I was going to clean in the den, but the fumes were so strong from the poly, it made my head hurt...or maybe that was from worrying about the floors.

I stopped back by tonight and I think it's going to be okay. I believe what I thought was "milky" spots, was just where the poly had dried more or less. We'll see...

No comments: