Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 159 - 2nd Coat of Poly

Okay, first of all, I think I got overzealous on buying the poly. I bought seven cans and even after the second coat tonight, I had barely dipped into the third can. It didn't take near as much tonight, but man it was tough seeing where to apply it. It's already shiny and it was super hard to see where you would stop and start again. Tess stopped by to loan me her vacuum so I could clean the floors before I started. She of course, stayed and helped me poly, so by 9:30, we were done. I have to say...the floors look pretty awesome.

Being the cloud of negativity that I am, I am worried about the second coat of poly. I've read that it's the coat that may give you trouble - not wanting to adhere to the first coat. I sure hope I scuffed the floors enough...I'll find out tomorrow!

No comments: