Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 75

Today I finally broke down and ordered a bathroom door and jam (not to be confused with jelly). The old door was a different size than what I will need now and the jam, well, let's just say that old wood came out in pieces. I had picked out a door at Lowe's a couple of weeks ago, but when I returned to buy it last week (with a truck to haul it), they only had two left. Both appeared to be water damaged. Their truck was supposed to bring more yesterday, but it didn't (who stole my door?). Last night, I bopped over to Home Depot to buy it there. Well, lawdy...they had some overhead sprinkler pipes burst which had taken out their door section. Who would have imagined I would such trouble buying a simple thing like a door? Well, I would 'cuz that's how I roll. Anyway, I ordered one today from Cleveland Plywood and they hope to have it made and delivered to me on Friday. Unless those evil door pixies jinx me again.

Backing up to yesterday...the ceiling paint I had bought appeared to have a severe yellowish tint to it. I took it back to Lowe's last night and they thought I had probably gotten a bad batch. This evening, hearing my meltdown over it yesterdayhearing of my woes, Cathy & Jim showed up with over four gallons of ceiling paint. Aren't they great?! They brought Izzy along and being the squirrel lover she is, she immediately went to exploring my squirrel inhabited yard. I've counted up to six squirrels in the yard at one time. I've also seen two flying squirrels and one off-white squirrel. Oh, and don't forget about the dead squirrel that's in one of those sheds at the back of the property.

The contractor worked for about four hours today and has promised to be done by Friday. Stop laughing...anything is possible.

I have taken the rest of the week off. First, Colton and I have some fun stuff to squash in before school starts next week and then it's scrub & paint! If anyone wants to get messy this weekend, show up! Extra hands are needed and welcomed!

No comments: