Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 80

I headed to the house after work today to start Kilz'n with the paint sprayer. Oh, my...

I started in the den and got the bricks first, slowly, as I figured out how to best use the paint sprayer. Once they were done, I was thinking I was the Paint-Spraying Goddess and started on the ceiling. About halfway though, the floor started spinning and my flip-flops were stuck to the floor from the paint. I tell ya...I felt like I had been to the dentist on laughing gas! Nothing was vented since everything is taped up, so I sat outside for a few minutes. I went back in to finish and ran out of Kilz. How in the heck did I not plan better? 'Cuz that's how I roll. I had put a shower cap on my head to protect my hair since I was spraying the ceiling, so I took it off and floateddrove over to Wal-Mart to buy some more Kilz. I got lots of strange looks, but heck, I was in my raggedy old painting clothes, so I didn't think much about it. I came back home and finished up and everything seemed to turn out pretty good. I did get very light-headed again, so I had to take a couple of breaks to sit outside and try to clear my head. When I finished, I went to the bathroom to wash my hands. Now I knew my eyelashes had been feeling kinda funny, but I was shocked when I looked in the mirror. My face was completely white - including my eyelashes, the inside rim of my eyes and even my lips! When I took the shower cap off, I looked like that scary chick that crawled around on 'The Grudge' movie....LOL! No wonder people at Wal-Mart were staring - I'm surprised they didn't call security. I started washing my face and it seemed to just be peeling off. At some point, I couldn't decide if it was really that bad or if I was hallucinating. tehe...funny, yes! I was such a mess! It took forever to clean up the sprayer properly, but I finally finished that and headed home about nine. EXHAUSTED!!!

No comments: