Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 14

Friday went a whole lot better than Thursday. I met the plumber on my lunch break who gave me a very reasonable price to move the plumbing; however, he needs the new wall framed in before he will start which meant I had to confess my treachery to Dad. I waited until 8:00 PM to call him. It didn't go over too badly - I only had to listen to 20 minutes of griping and I had estimated about 45.

Also, I will have to go down from a 48" to a 42" vanity - which is the hardest size to find used. I'll be on the hunt Saturday along with hunting down a shower. I've got a couple of good leads on Craigslist, so wish me luck. I've also got to buy the faucets and shower heads - which are so dang expensive!

I don't have any pictures to post from Friday. The plumber advised that he would put the plumbing on the wall against Colton's closet, so he need the plaster removed on the inside wall of the bathroom. I tore it down (with help from Colton). I also removed the trim from around the bathroom window since I'm opting to cover it up and the bathtub needs to be flush against the wall.

A big storm blew in about 8:30 and we do not have any emergency candles, so we ran to the car in the pouring rain and scooted our butts home.

Wish me luck on my Saturday shopping!

No comments: